Friday, October 28, 2011

The Final Countdown

We start homeschooling on Monday. The first week will be just Bean and I, and the week after it will be all of us. I have so many emotions surrounding this transition and I'm not good enough a wordsmith to articulate it.

I have no doubt in my mind that this is the best option for us right now. As each day passes I am more and more convinced of it. I have some regret that we should have made this decision sooner. Then there is the guilt for that, for putting my own aspirations first, for trying to fit my square kid (namely Bean) into the round peg of his preschool, even for taking a couple weeks to get the house and my mind in order before plunging in head first into homeschooling. Now that our first day is soon upon us, I am growing more nervous about it too. I am an extremely impatient person. I'm afraid I might lose my mind. Thankfully, I have the most amazing MIL in the world who offered to swoop in to take care of the kids when needed. Whew! I also worry a little bit about having outlets for hobbies, grown-up conversation, etc. I'm hoping that my volunteer stuff at church, Bible study, taking some crafting classes, etc. will help. If not, I might need to look into some new hobbies or work like teaching. As for the positives, I thank God daily for the most supportive husband I could ever dream of and an extremely supportive social network. I can't wait to see our children learn from me, but more importantly learn for themselves. I'm thrilled to able to have more time with each of my children individually and as a group. And, I'm so excited about our family drawing closer together and really just slowing down to enjoy all that life has to offer.

Ok, now I'm getting pumped! Cue the count down music! Anyone else remember this video on MTV from the mid 80's?

No comments:

Post a Comment