Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tey's Thankfulness 2012

On the day before Thanksgiving, Tey and I made a little craft called the Tree of Thanks. Our homeschool co-op provided the supplies, including the pic of me. I love how they captured my true essence by not announcing that they'd be taking our pictures that day...adorning my McNair hoodie, pony tail, bags under my eyes, and possibly the wrong name tag. At least Tey's a cutie.

Anyway, I wrote down what he was thankful for on the leaves and now I have a sweet keepsake of my thankful Tey at about age 4 and a half.


I cherish his simplicity:

  • We have shoes
  • Food
  • Trees help us breathe
  • Games
  • Homeschool
  • Daddy teaches me chess
  • We have a house
  • We have a backyard
  • Outside chairs (he likes dining al frescso)
  • Trees with colorful leaves on them
It touched my heart that he even mentioned homeschool. I struggled so much this semester getting us organized, scheduled and on a good routine but felt like I fell short. Tey wants to do so much more and I don't always have stuff prepared for him. Still, he is fairly flexible and understanding and still prefers homeschooling to going to school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment