Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tey's Words: Sweet and Sour

Several friends have told me that they find my "things my kids say" posts on facebook to be pretty hilarious, especially if you know my kids. I'm so glad people find it as funny as I do. Sometimes what comes out of their mouths is just so darn sweet too. Those quotes don't always make it on here because they are so short and random, but here are some from Tey I've been collecting.

After spending ONE night at his grandparents and wanting to come home the next day I asked him if the missed me. His response, "I didn't miss you, I just wanted my mommy."

While riding in the back of the van singing Cosette's Castle on a Cloud from Les Miserable "There is a lady dress in white, holds me and sings me a lullabuy...(then makes up his own lyrics)...I don't need a lady, I need a mommy..."

While the kids were playing in the playroom I overheard Tey try to convince Bean, "Mommy knows everything." Bean didn't buy it unfortunately.

I knew there was a good reason for recording these quotes in a draft post over the past couple months. I needed it as perspective today to stand in contrast to the harsh words barked by a frustrated and tired Tey during a fit right before naptime, "Why do you do everything to make me sad?!" 

He needed perspective too and he got it as I reminded him that today I took him out for pizza, we spent the afternoon at the park, and oh yeah, I taught him the commutative property of addition. 

Tey and I do math on the bathroom mirror a few mornings a week
Perspective, it was what we both needed to cool down that heated moment. A couple minutes later he apologized and we were snuggling in the rocking chair exchanging words of love while Bean and Mei cuddled on Bean's bed. 

Only with kids can you have the worse insult of the day hurled at you unprovoked, followed soon after by genuine reconciliation and a scene of complete bliss, like heaven on Earth. Oh, it's never a dull moment over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment